Monday 1 November 2010

CuteNique!

Greetings from Chaos,
The new planet I've been living on for the past few months (having only visited it from time to time in the past)

The good news is that it's all been 'productive' chaos, and I can now gleefully announce that I have opened my online Craft shop called CuteNique.





For now, I'm opened on ETSY, but will be at an eBay shop and other online craft sites soon.

I currently have my Felt foods and my Wooden Blocks online (pictured here are my Periodic Table blocks), as well as my Tarot Dice, but stay tuned, as I will be adding some super-cute Sewing Kit Jars, some Dollhouse mini books, some Educational Games I've created and another really cute and unique hair accessory I designed called 'Pretty Plaits' (bling for your braids). Oh, and yet another cute, unique and fun Educational item I designed called 'Tiny Teacher' (matchbox learning fun).

As usual, there are not enough hours in the day to do it all, so I'm having to learn all about this stuff called 'Patience'. I still have to put my full-time corporate job on the front-burner since it pays the bills, whilst always putting the children and their needs first and foremost. This means play dates, story time, nutritious meals, cuddles, baths etc. all come first. Time remaining I spend on my crafts, with the children right next to me creating their own unique crafty things. My daughters have asked if they can have their own 'shop' and I said 'Why not?', so will be helping them to create their own blogs this week as well. Nothing wrong with supporting young Entrepreneurial minds. I often wish my own loving parents (who meant well) had encouraged me to pursue my dreams more than pursue a college degree and 'well paid j-o-b'. Thankfully, I had the will to drop out of college when I did and enjoy many creative adventures, and the lack of a college degree didn't stop me from obtaining a 'well paid j-o-b'. However, the lack of  parental support towards my creative artistic side did send me spiraling in to a world lacking self-esteem towards total pursuit of anything creative. Always keeping it as a 'hobby', when it's really been my sole passion. Thankfully, my parents did raise me to be independent and strong-willed, so I'm using that to my advantage these days :)
My husband had the same upbringing. Loving parents who meant well, but when hubby declined a well-paid job at his father's bank to pursue the life of a rock-n-roll musician, his parents weren't so happy about that. Hubby toured with his band for 10 years around the world, and I honestly hope our children inherit his rebel streak to do anything they wish to do, be anyone they wish to be, by pursuing their dreams. If their dreams wind up requiring a phD and lots of college hours, then so be it, we'll support that too. But if their dreams are to be a painter or musician, or to be full time stay-at-home mommy......we'll give our unconditional support. There will be NO dream-squashing in this family!

The next few months will be busy for me, as I launch new products, juggle the corporate job, host my daughters 8th birthday party, and make a lot of prezzies for the upcoming holidays (I have challenged myself to make some really nice gifts for my children this year...I will probably be sewing and gluing up until midnight on Christmas Eve, but you're allowed to do that here on Planet Chaos!)

ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment