Friday 27 May 2011

Licking the Spoon


  
I had forgotten one of my favorite memories of childhood, until I witnessed my own children experience the tasty joy of licking the spoon after pouring the brownie batter in to the pan. My mother did a lot of baking growing up, as I do with my children. And to strategically ensure that each of my three youngest have a go with licking the batter, I let one lick the wooden spoon for mixing, another lick the bowl and the other lick the spatula used for smoothing out the batter. There's nothing left for momma, but momma's hips don't need to be tempted anyway :)


Today has been one of those lovely relaxing days at home where we managed to bake brownies , put a puzzle together, make some paper dolls and at the request of my 8 year old, do some math worksheets


We hardly EVER do worksheets, but my children sometimes approach me with a desire to 'do math' so I print out whatever I can find. This desire stemmed from the morning when we were trying to decide if we do the 250 piece puzzle or the 500 piece, and one of my weeuns thought 250 was more than 500 because 25 is more than 5 (doh!).  Didn't take long at all to explain greater than/lesser than, which found me printing out a cute little poster showing the age-old alligator that eats the 'greater than' number. Indigo LOVES animals. Anything to do with drawing animals, she's right there absorbed. I gave her some 'greater than/lesser than' worksheets, which she took upon herself to draw the actual alligator. (too cute). 







The oven timer just started beeping, which means Brownies are Ready! I may not get to lick the spoon anymore, but I will go enjoy one of my cherubs lovely brownies :) And some of their big accomplishments today



Animal pictures Indigo drew today

Cypress put the circle of our 500 piece puzzle together!
Zephyr is having a 'Knights' sort of day

No comments:

Post a Comment