Friday 13 May 2011

Nature Princesses

Warmer weather is intermittent here still. The flip-flops were just about to say 'neener-neener-neener' to the sweaters, just before realising that the socks still haven't quite taken a holiday.

I was working a full day at my j-o-b recently, stuck up in my corporate cave (aka: home office) behind the computer,  when I finally had a chance to pop downstairs and behold!...I happened upon my beautiful children enjoying the outdoors.....in their new Clubhouse!

Apparently, dear hubby had given our cherubs a large empty box (with a door and window he cut out) and let them have at it. WOW, they didn't waste time to set up an entire village of homemade tents all centred about their new....Clubhouse!

Brilliant minds were scampering about to decorate the Clubhouse...(complete with a door bell they handmade)..and by the end of the day, they had fully planned out a club the girls decided would be called the 'Nature Princesses' (with token Nature Princes).  They had designed crowns they then made out of leaves, and badges made with safety-pins and flower petals....and had even come up with a list of things their 'Nature Princess' club would do to save Nature.  (which reminds me, I must go find some rubbish bags so we can go clean up the beach near our house tomorrow)

My children amaze me, especially when left to their own devices.

Whilst decorating their 'Nature Princess' clubhouse, Cypress found a leaf filled with tiny orange eggs. We were all so excited to learn that they were Ladybird eggs! (thanks to Googling)


Kiddo's have now just showed me their plans to move their Clubhouse up in to a Treehouse.  Such a clever idea.....that starts with first 'planting a tree' (I LOVE that the very thought of planting a tree for their treehouse is not considered an obstacle, but just a 'Let's do it!')

After all was said and done, the afternoon of fresh air, sunshine and creativity apparently wore my lovely Cypress out.....she fell asleep in mid-pose! But she looks forward to showing you (on the next blog!) a new picture of those orange Ladybird eggs above that she took the next day....where you can clearly see that one egg has hatched! 
A 'Growth Spurt' nap

1 comment: