Saturday 12 June 2010

Sweetie Jars

Hello with many delays,

I've been on holiday for a week, which meant I had to work extra hard at my corporate job for the weeks leading up to my hols.
Perhaps you are asking the same question that many of my friends and family ask, which is ''oh! where did you go on your holiday?'

The answer is 'nowhere'

I simply wanted a week off from work (I work way too many hours and was reaching burn-out) to be 'stay at home mum' with my kiddo's. No stress of packing, no worrying about the weather, no major expenses incurred.  The children and I simply went with a relaxing flow of this week, spending most days visiting with dear friends.

So, I won't bore you with the non details of my holiday week.

I will; however, catch up to WoW you with our little craft we enjoyed today.  In my attempt to clean and organize the children's bedrooms and our 'craft room', I decided to finally use up some of the numerous glass jars we have saved up.  We picked out five different shapes and sizes, then washed and dried. Next, we decorated with whatever stickers we could scrounge up, and enhanced a few jars even further with sparkly gems. I then dug out our box of 'scrap fabric' which we save up from outgrown tattered clothes, and we hot glued some fabric to the jar tops. Then hot glued some ribbons and beads on the jar lids as the 'grand finale'.

Oh wait.....that wasn't the grand finale!  no, no noooooo

The 'Grand Finale' was taking a walk to the local sweetie shop, after eating a nice healthy dinner, and we stocked up on some sweeties to fill our fancy new jars with. We chose two different chocolates, two different 'fruity' sweeties, and a bag of mint creams. After kiddo's filled the jars, they 'sampled' the sweeties 'just to be sure' they were tasty enough for our fancy jars.  All sweeties passed the test :)

We now have a cute shelf of 'Sweetie Jars' that sits nearby our large bowl of fresh fruit that, thankfully, my children gravitate towards.

Now, I must get to sleep at a decent hour, so I will say goodnight. Tomorrow is technically my last day of 'hols', before I have to head back to work. Oh, and my mum-in-law is coming to stay for a week whilst she recovers from emergency surgery.  It may be awhile before I 'blog' again, but I'll be back!

Here's our Sweetie Jars :)



No comments:

Post a Comment