Wednesday 24 August 2011

Make and Do

Been trying to update my blog, BUT, my children seem to be tugging at me at all directions these days.
This is because they seem to have all reached a peak of 'Making Things'.
I mean, they ALWAYS make things. Our house is arranged so our children have access to oodles of craft and art supplies, and they certainly make good use of their freedom to create create create.
Which means I'm usually left to clean up a lot of messes, but I don't mind because I'm so impressed with everything my children make and do. I'm sure it's probably not as impressive to the rest of the world out there, but to ME, it's all amazing. Anywho, I thought tonight I would have at least 5 minutes to update my blog now, but as I type, I'm hearing 'Mommy, come see this!' - lately the kiddo's just seem to be Making & Doing oodles of their own fun things.

Indigo Making & Doing
Turning an old puzzle frame in to a pretty picture frame

Her Lincoln Log house she made for her foxes (check out the fox listening to the boombox)

She whipped this up today - her own idea, own design.
I didn't even know she was doing it until it was done!

Wet Felt picture from an ad-hoc class yesterday

Cypress' Making & Doing

she's very girly - so making a glittery girly princess mirror

Cypress makes a lot of necklaces from the bin of beads.  She likes 'designing'
Here's a couple from yesterday

Heating up some rocks
She and her siblings drew on the hot rocks using wax crayons

she likes to paint rocks as well

The finished product (a princess!)

Zephyr's Making & Doing

It's all about Lego for Zman 

and paper dolls. Z loves making paper dolls - his own.
here's a crab he made from some scrap paper & felt pens

Goofy Boy + Homemade Playdough

No clue what he's make here (but notice Lego nearby)

Mommy's Making & Doing

Strawberry shortcakes & Blackberry Scones 
(I only make when the berries are in season here - so it's a big treat for us!)


Zephyr trying to eat the loaf of bread I made (we were taking to Gran)
Thankfully I snatched it from him in time

 My latest obsession is making Monsters.
I've since made 50 of these little felt monsters...I love them!





3 comments:

  1. S said to me today if I & C are coming tomorrow we must have scones!

    We have this book out the library called Star Wars crafts with ideas to paint rocks like Star Wars people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are addicted to painting rocks. If you Google 'Painted Rocks' and look at Images - it's amazing what folks create. See you tomorrow! Z is bringing S the necklace he made her.....(he knows she is in love already with another Z...it's a friendship necklace!). and a few gifties he made for E. They are all so excited to ''meet up'' tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of arranging the lego so the little man can hang on upside down.

    ReplyDelete