Friday 12 August 2011

Tooth Fairy

Alight alright......we believe in the Tooth Fairy over here. I LOVE the Tooth Fairy, and all Fairies, and Unicorns, and Santa, and Leprechauns.......anything and everything sparkly and magical. I know there's this whole debate about ''but what damage does it do to the child when they find out their parents have been lying to them all those years''.....well, I go by my own experience.
I grew up believing in the Tooth Fairy and never had one begrudging thought about it even when I later found out it was me mum and dad leaving me little coins beneath my pillow. It  still remained cute and exciting and felt like a big 'rite of passage' when I was let in on the secret.
After ''being'' the tooth fairy for a few years now.....I gotta tell ya I'm amazed my parents pulled it off all those years.  I hope my letter tonight makes things right again

 
Dear Cypress,

I am terribly sorry it’s taken so long to fetch your tooth.  I have to tell you that I didn’t intend to leave it behind, but on the night I tried to collect it, something drastically terrible happened.


 
The evening had started off lovely and peaceful with a big bright moon lighting the sky, and a warm breeze helping me to fly to and from houses.  I had just collected a little boys tooth in Worthing (the 2nd tooth he lost that month!), and was heading towards your house on Aldsworth Avenue when I heard the ‘Fairy Secret Alarm’.  To humans, this secret alarm probably just sounds like an owl screeching at night, followed by a foxes bark and then a magpies cackle; however, when the owl, fox and magpie make these sounds in the right sequence, us fairies know it’s the ‘Secret Alarm’.  I wish I had time to tell you this fascinating story about how many moons ago our friends, the Owls, the Foxes and the Magpies, agreed to give us this secret alarm, but I’ll have to save that story for another day, because I am urgently trying to catch up tonight to pick up all the teeth I left behind weeks ago.
 
As I mentioned, that night, I was nearing  your window when the alarm sounded.  Upon hearing the first alarm, us fairies know to wait and listen for the next message.  Now, I must tell you that this was the first time I’d ever heard the alarm sounded at all!!  So I was quite surprised, but I was already near your window so I decided to go ahead and pick up your tooth.  I always do love visiting your house, because there are always so many interesting toys and drawings around (p.s., my forest fairy friends did want me to mention to you that they DO enjoy the fairy houses you set for them sometimes. They always make sure to put things back EXACTLY as they found them!).

I had just dropped off two large coins for that lovely tooth of yours when I heard the second alarm message  sound from outside. I couldn’t believe it…….it was worse than I could ever imagine! I quickly raced outside to make sure I was hearing the message correctly, and sure enough, the message was clear..’’Head back to FairyVille NOW.  Repeat, Head back to FairyVille NOW……..Goglock has found the secret element. Repeat, Goglock has found the secret element’’
Oh NO! 

Was all I could think, as I flapped my fairy wings as fast as they could flutter.  This was the worse news ever. 

Goglock use to be a member of Fairyville. He is the cousin of Fluflella, a beautiful fairy princess who is now Queen of the entire Fairy Kingdom, and her brother, Maclin.   But whilst Fluflella and Maclin grew up nice and kind and peaceful, Goglock grew in to a dark quiet ominous creature. Goglock grew jealous of his cousins and one day he kidnapped Maclin, who remains trapped in Goglocks fortress.  Goglock learned that Fluflella and Maclin both had a secret formula that only royal fairy children were privy to, and he thought that by kidnapping one of them, he could steal the secret formula.  He kidnapped Maclin first because he and Maclin always had hung out together as young boys.  But after he kidnapped Maclin, he learned that Maclins secret formula was so secret because it required an element that only was available once a year, and even then, it was guarded by Matrabites who were fearless fairy warriors. 

Somehow, though, Goglock had managed to steal the secret element, and this was very alarming because no one knew what Goglock would do once he became an official royal fairy!  But we all suspected he would start trying to control Fairy Kingdom and we didn’t want that.  We wanted our Fairy Freedom!

All of us fairies quickly raced back to Fairyville, and to make a long story short, it has taken weeks to track down Goglock and capture the secret element back before Gloglock could control everything.  I will try to find time very soon to tell you the WHOLE story, but it was just yesterday that I myself managed to escape from Goglocks fortress……but at least it was ME who escaped with the secret element before Gloglock could use it for evil purposes! 


I’m scheduled to receive a big award from the Queen of Fairy Kingdom tomorrow (the lovely Fluflella), but tonight I couldn’t sleep well if I didn’t at least try to come back to your house to collect your tooth!  As luck would have it, your sister, Indigo, lost her tooth tonight, so I wound up having to come anyway. 

I’m going to go quickly now collect all the teeth from Worthing and Goring, but will return soon to tell you more about the exciting adventures of Goglock and the secret element!!

Yours always

The Tooth Fairy #42
(aka: Giglianna)


P.S. Twitterpam wanted me to let you know that HE is the one typing my story for you…..I don’t know how to type yet and my handwriting is so very small you wouldn’t be able to see it.  So Twitterpam (who invented this fantastic Fairy Printer) agreed to type my letter and print it for me so you could read it.  He’s very proud of his printing machine


(letter was folded, sprinkled with glitter and left for Cypress whilst Indigo also has a coin for her tooth......that was taken!  I look forward to leaving lots of follow-up stories to this one, and with three children losing lots of teeth.....this may become a book series of tooth-fairy adventures ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment